The Greater Schuylkill Haven Area Business Association was formed in 2004 with the focus on economic stability and growth for businesses and residents.
The objectives of the organization are:
• Promote the general welfare of the residents of the greater Schuylkill Haven area by providing a high quality of businesses and services.
• Support local, county, state and federal organizations and initiatives that will improve the quality of life for residents.
• Encourage local residents and organizations to participate in activities that will further increase the quality of life.
• Support member businesses in the development and/or fulfillment of their business plan of operation.
The Association has a rich history of community events since its inception:
• Provides an annual Young Entrepreneur Academy Scholarship
• Walk, Wine & Wander
• Merry First Saturday
• Annual Children’s Christmas Party
• Crab Fest
• Small Business Saturday
GSHABA also works closely with the following:
• Borough of Schuylkill Haven
• Schuylkill Haven Island Park Committee
• Walk in Art Center
• Our Haven Foundation
• Penn State Schuylkill
• Schuylkill County Visitors’ Bureau
• Schuylkill Chamber of Commerce
• Schuylkill Haven Recreation Department
• Schuylkill River Heritage Area
• Increased our social media on Facebook with 524 followers, an 18% increase and continue to get support for an internet page on the Burroughs’s website.
• April 6th GSHABA and the local boy scouts held a “Spring Sweep “through town to clean away winter’s trash preparing for spring.
• Increased media coverage with articles, pictures and updates through South Schuylkill News, Republican Herald, Schuylkill Plus and Haven Highlights.
• Sponsored a Young Entrepreneur Scholarship for a Haven student through the Schuylkill County Chamber.
• We welcomed Emily Gordon with an open house for The Bridal Studio in May 2019.
• Held our Third Annual “Sold Out” Crabfest with a successful 50/50 raffle, at Island Park.
• Members participated in the VRAJ Walk-a-Thon in October.
• GSHABA has been an active participant in the Schuylkill Haven Revitalization Plan.
• The Schuylkill Chamber of Commerce made Schuylkill Haven its meeting point for “Walk for Progress” on October 1st.
• GSHABA as part of the WIAC’s Safe Trick or Treat evening , distributing candy and plush toy animals.
• Many GSHABA members participated in Senator Argall’s Municipal RoundTable held at the Reading & Northern Historic Railroad Station. The meeting concluded with a tour of some of the new businesses on Main St, and then a lunch hosted by Evan Delivery at the WIAC.
• Hosted over 40 children plus guardians for our Annual Children’s Christmas Party with our co-hosts Schuylkill Haven Recreational Center at Brush Strokes DIY Workshop.
• With support from American Express, participated in our Third Small Business Saturday, fourteen local businesses participating.
• Held our “Second” Merry First Saturday following the Children’s Christmas Party and hired the Miss Molly Trolley with Trolley Historians.
• Check out www.discovershuylkillhaven.com , our membership is sponsored by Lori’s Angels and Alchemist’s Cove Games & Comics.
• Finally ended the year with our Evening of Giving and Thanks, with donations presented to several special Schuylkill Haven service organizations.
Our Annual Events:
- Student Art & Essay Contest
- Wine, Walk & Wander
- Community Yard Sale
- Children's Christmas Party
- Crab Fest
- First Saturday Downtown